Whose direction do you follow?
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. (Jeremiah 6:16 KJV)
God packed many directives in this verse for those who desire to walk in His ways.
- God said “Stand ye in the ways…” Which means to remain steadfast.
- Further God stated “and see…” God told them to look around and see.
- God knew that His ways were sufficient they did not need “newfangled” ways as He stated “and ask for the old paths…”
- God knew that the good pathway was only found along the old way when asking “where is the good way…”
- God knew there was only one pathway when He said “and walk therein…” indicating to follow the narrow way.
- God knew that only along His narrow pathway would man find rest saying “and ye shall find rest for your souls…”
However, mankind often chooses to walk along his own pathway which is aligned together with the god of this world saying “We will not walk therein…” ignoring God’s desire for their lives. Just as many did in these Old Testament times as Jeremiah was inspired to record in scripture.