* KEYWORD–“WARNING.” * KEY VERSE–Jer 2:9. * KEY PHRASE–“JUDAH CARRIED OFF TO BABYLON.”
The whole of Jeremiah or:– * Sunday–Divine goodness to Judah,–Jer 2:1-9. * Monday–Treachery of Judah,–Jer 4:12-19. * Tuesday–Encouragement to repent,–Jer 7:1-15. * Wednesday–The Lord is our hope,–Jer 17:12-18. * Thursday–Advice to captives,–Jer 29:8-14. * Friday–Promises of mercy,–Jer 30:18-24. * Saturday–Comfort to the afflicted,–La 3:21-41.
* KEYWORD–“MESSIAH.” * KEY VERSE–Isa 9:6. * KEY PHRASE–“SALVATION THROUGH JUDGEMENTS AND GRACE.”
If possible read the whole of Isaiah. It not then:– * Sunday–The case against Judah,–Isa 1:1-18. * Monday–Isaiah’s vision,–Isa 6:1-8. * Tuesday–Christ-child is Israel’s hope,–Isa 9:1-7. * Wednesday–The coming kingdom,–Isa 11:1-9. * Thursday–Hezekiah’s sickness,–Isa 38:1-8. * Friday–Christ our sacrifice,–Isa 53. * Saturday–Everlasting salvation,–Isa 55.
KEY PHRASE–“GOD’S LOVE FOR ISRAEL AND THE CHURCH.”
Do not fail to read through the whole Bible in connection with this course. This week read the Song of Solomon. The following selections are for the family altar:– * Sunday–In joyful Communion,–Song 1:1-7. * Monday–The Rose of Sharon,–Song 2:1-7. * Tuesday–The visit of ...
* KEYWORD–“EMPTINESS.” * KEY VERSE–Ec 1:2. * KEY PHRASE–“LIFE IS A DISAPPOINTMENT APART FROM GOD.”
Read the whole of Ecclesiastes this week, or:– * Sunday–Pleasure Ends in Emptiness,–Ec 2:1-11. * Monday–A. Time for Everything,–Ec 3:1-14. * Tuesday–The Worship of God,–Ec 5:1-8. * Wednesday–Foolishness of Greed,–Ec 6:1-10. * Thursday–Value of a good name,–Ec 7:29. * Friday–The Value of ...
* KEYWORD–“SUFFERING.” * KEY VERSE–Job 5:17. * KEY PHRASE–“TRUSTING GOD IN SPITE OF TRIALS”
Read this lesson and then the whole of Job. It is full of sublime teaching. For family altar, read:– * Sunday–Job and his accuser.–Job 1:1-12. * Monday–Job afflicted.–Job 1:13-22. * Tuesday–Bildad thinks Job a hypocrite.–Job 8. * Wednesday–Job answers his ...
* KEYWORD–“PRESERVATION.” * KEY VERSE–Es 4:14 LAST CLAUSE. Esther 4:14 (KJB) For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for ...
Read this lesson then the whole book of Nehemiah, or:– * Sunday–Nehemiah’s Prayer.–Ne 1:5-11. * Monday–Nehemiah Views the Walls.–Ne 2:11-20. * Tuesday–Opposition.–Ne 4:1-9. * Wednesday–The law read.–Ne 8:9-18. * Thursday–Confession of the people.–Ne 9:7-15. * Friday–The covenant.–Ne 9:32-38. * Saturday–Fidelity encouraged.–Ne 13:1-22.